Monday, December 8, 2008

We Begin..

I like to start all my blogs out with a beginning. How do you know where you are going, if you have no idea where you can from, how you got there, or even where is "there". It is like a map. You can't continue until you figure out three things; where am I now, how did I get here, and where am I going? I encourage everyone who is starting out on something new to answer these three items about your life. Feel free to look at where you are now, and, as you look back, give yourself a pat on the back that you have come this far.

WOW that is really deep for a Sunday Morning! Let’s lighten up for a moment.

I named my blog Healthy Curves R Back because during my whole life I have been sick of how magazines represent woman, and the levels all woman are supposed to strive for. There is very little I can do about it, except live my life for me, and my family. I can tell you how to become as healthy and as beautiful as you can be while actually living your life.

I am sure you are interested in my background. You may even be thinking, who is this person who is rambling this nonsense? What gives her the right to think she can help anyone else? Well, I am not Richard Simmons (BTW I love him), but I have my own experiences that can help you and me.

FIRST – So no one sues me – I am not a DR! Even though I have some medical background, I am not a medical person. So, don’t sue me if you go on a ten-mile hike this first day out, and end up in the emergency room. That is not healthy. Life is about moderation.

My Certification says I am a Master Fitness Trainer and a Remedial Fitness Instructor.
To receive these certifications, I had to learn physiology, psychology, spirituality, nutrition, exercise, and a whole lot of stuff about how we beat our bodies up with the crap we eat everyday. I was a cross country and ½ marathon runner for 25 years. I have studied the body and how weight relates to our health and our lives. I have 22 years of experience studying exercise, nutrition, and what true health really means.

I have made it a point to study the views of beauty and health between countries. The concept of health and beauty varies wildly between some countries. Some views I have found are unhealthy, but some foreign ideas of health and beauty could be a wake up call for Americans.

I also blog, and give nutritional advice, for another company that I believe in deeply (yes I am going to plug them), mydietsolutions.com. At this website you will learn about DR Gates. He has had weight problems of his own. I believe a Dr., who has had his own fight with weight and health, can really understand where the rest of us are coming from. His advice is free. Use it in your program. Yes, I do work part time for them, but this is about you, not me. The forum and the advice is free. With my down to earth view of dieting and his medical background, you will be own you way in no time.

Besides blogging for mydietsolutions.com, I started a health campaign at my work and won a nice award for Fitness In The Workplace. Some of the plans I implemented are still being used today.

I have various awards from my time in the military where I served as a Master Fitness Trainer and Remedial Pt Instructor for soldiers. My NEW ideas (which seem old now) used the psychological, spiritual, sociological, and physiological sides of every person to help people get back on the road of good health. I encouraged families to come to our extra activities, and convinced the commanders that if families were involved in the soldier’s well being, then we would all win with healthy soldiers and strong families back home. These plans worked, and from those many years ago, I have learned more about health and fitness to keep people strong. Staying strong in life means so much more than just drinking a health shake once a day. There are so many areas that need attention all at one time. I give you the real life down and dirty version to keeping healthy in a crazy world. I hope I can help you.

Besides all of this experience, I too have fought my weight my entire life. I understand how it feels to look at magazines, and know I will never look like what our nation thinks is the right look, weight, size.etc. Come on, do we, as a nation, really believe Tara Banks is fat? I sure don’t. But, at least I understand how we got here. I grew up with Twiggy as a role model. Knowing that I was in great health was not important for the teens of my generation; we wanted to be rail thin like Twiggy. Looking sick had become the new beauty, and we were all about it! What happened to the women who looked like Mae West and Marilyn Monroe? I was named after another strong heavyset woman – Miss Kitty from Gun smoke. What American man thought she was ugly or obese? I have always been a strong-minded person, and now that I am older I very rarely think about the magazines and what they represent. I want to pass on these thoughts to others.

I want to teach you how to strong, healthy, and to be the best person you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment